The United States has long been a hotbed of pop culture – the birthplace of numerous musical genres and some of the world’s most famous singers, songwriters, directors and film stars. These museums celebrate American musical, movie and TV history, through the lens of a specific artist or genre, or with a big picture approach.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Pop Culture Museum are as follows:
- Birthplace of Country Music Museum – Bristol, Virginia
- Patsy Cline Museum – Nashville
- Rancho Obi-Wan – Petaluma, California
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music – Memphis
- GRAMMY Museum L.A. Live – Los Angeles
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center – Indianola, Mississippi
- Sigal Music Museum – Greenville, South Carolina
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame – Cleveland, Ohio
- OZ Museum – Wamego, Kansas
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi – Cleveland, Mississippi
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning pop culture museums!