As part of the Indian government’s initiatives to streamline and digitize various services, it has become mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with your driving licence. The process of linking Aadhaar with a driving licence is simple and can be done online. By linking these two important identification documents, you can enjoy the convenience of having a unified identification system and avail various government services seamlessly.
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
To begin the process, visit https://drivinglicencehelp.com/. This website provides a wide range of online services related to driving licences and vehicle registration.
Step 2: Select the State and RTO
Once you are on the official website, select your state and Regional Transport Office (RTO) from the drop-down menus provided. Each state has its own RTO, so make sure to select the correct one.
Step 3: Choose the ‘Services’ Tab
After selecting your state and RTO, navigate to the ‘Services’ tab on the website’s homepage. This tab contains a list of various services you can avail online.
Step 4: Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’
From the list of services, locate and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option. This will redirect you to the Aadhaar linking page.
Step 5: Enter Required Details
On the Aadhaar linking page, you will be asked to enter your driving licence number, Aadhaar card number, and mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Fill in the details accurately and double-check for any errors.
Step 6: Verify and Submit
After entering the required details, verify them once again to ensure accuracy. Once you are confident that the information provided is correct, click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed.
Step 7: Generate OTP and Authenticate
To authenticate the linking process, an OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Enter the OTP in the designated field and click on ‘Authenticate’ to complete the linking process.
Step 8: Receive Confirmation
After successfully authenticating the process, you will receive a confirmation message stating that your Aadhaar card has been linked with your driving licence. Take note of this confirmation for future reference.
Step 9: Check Status Online
If you want to verify the status of your Aadhaar and driving licence linking, you can do so by visiting the official website again. Navigate to the ‘Serviceshttps://undiscoveredgyrl.com/
‘ tab and click on the ‘Check Aadhaar & Driving Licence Linking Status’ option. Enter the required details, such as your driving licence number and Aadhaar card number, and click on ‘Submit’ to check the status.
Step 10: Visit RTO Office (if necessary)
In some cases, you may be required to visit your Regional Transport Office (RTO) to complete the linking process. This is usually done for verification purposes, and you will be notified if an in-person visit is necessary. Make sure to carry the necessary documents, such as your driving licence, Aadhaar card, and any other identification documents that may be requested.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with Driving Licence:
Linking your Aadhaar card with your driving licence creates a unified identification system, making it easier to access various government services and initiatives.
With the Aadhaar and driving licence linkage, you can avoid carrying multiple identification documents for different purposes. It simplifies the process and reduces the need for additional paperwork.
Streamlined Government Services:
The linking of Aadhaar with your driving licence enables seamless access to government services like vehicle registration, taxation, and other related services. This integration enhances efficiency and saves time for both individuals and government authorities.
By linking Aadhaar with your driving licence, it helps in reducing identity theft and fraudulent activities. It adds an extra layer of security to ensure the authenticity of your personal information.
Having your Aadhaar and driving licence linked makes verification processes more efficient. It simplifies identity checks during various transactions, such as hotel check-ins, document verifications, and financial transactions.
To link your Aadhaar with your driving license online, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) of your country. In India, the official website is https://parivahan.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, look for the “Online Services” section or a similar option.
- Within the Online Services section, search for the option related to linking Aadhaar with your driving license. It might be listed as “Link Aadhaar” or “Aadhaar Seeding” with the driving license.
- Click on the link or option that allows you to link Aadhaar with the driving license.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to provide your driving license details and Aadhaar information.
- Enter your driving license number, date of birth, and other requested details in the respective fields.
- Next, enter your Aadhaar number, which is a unique 12-digit identification number issued to Indian residents.
- Double-check the entered information to ensure accuracy and click on the “Submit” or “Link Aadhaar” button.
- After submitting the information, the system will validate the details provided with the respective databases.
- If the information matches and the linking process is successful, you will receive a confirmation message indicating the successful linkage of your Aadhaar with your driving license.
- In case any discrepancies occur or if the linking process fails, you may need to contact the concerned transport department or visit their office to resolve the issue.
Please note that the exact process may vary depending on the country and the specific online portal used for Aadhaar and driving license services. It’s always recommended to refer to the official website or contact the appropriate authorities for accurate and up-to-date instructions.
Suggested Read- driving licence renewal
Linking your Aadhaar card with your driving licence online is a straightforward process that allows you to benefit from a unified identification system. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can complete the process conveniently from the comfort of your home. Remember to provide accurate information and double-check before submitting the details. Once the linking is successfully done, your Aadhaar card and driving licence will be connected, facilitating easier access to government services and ensuring a smoother identification process in the future.